You are here



The following are the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our Transitional Housing Programs, Hope House and Faith House.

For information on admission and program requirements for the Teen Mother & Baby Program, Grace House, please contact Peggy Howard Gatewood by email ([email protected]) or by phone (301-559-5500 x154). 

Frequently Asked Questions


Are pregnant women eligible for the Transitional Housing Program?

Yes. We reserve a limited number of units in our Hope House program for women who are pregnant.

Are women without a High School diploma eligible for the Transitional Housing Program?

Yes. Women who are working towards their GED are eligible for our Hope House program. However, in order to be eligible for the Faith House program, residents must have  already received their high school diploma or GED.

Will I share a room with other mothers and their children?

No. In Hope House, families have private bedrooms that vary in size, depending on the size and needs of the family. The Faith House program is an apartment facility where families live in individual, 1-bedroom apartments.

How many children can the program accomodate, per family?

The majority of housing units in Hope House can accomodate mothers with up to two children; however, we have a few units that can accomodate mothers with up to four children. In our Faith House program, we can accomodate families with up to two children.

What living spaces will I share with other families?

Hope House is made up of three wings, each of which can accomodate five families. Within each wing, families share common areas including the kitchen, dining room, laundry room, bathrooms, a playroom for children, and a recreation lounge for mothers. There are two large fenced playgrounds on-site for the children.

In Faith House, families have their own private apartment but share a large kitchen, dining room, outside fenced playground, laundry rooms, and community rooms with play areas for the children.

How long can I stay in the Transitional Housing Program?

Families typically stay in St. Ann's Transitional Housing Program for one to two years, but each family's length of stay depends on their particular needs and progress toward achieving stability and independence. 

Is there a fee to live in Hope House or Faith House?

Yes. Upon admittance, every resident meets with their Social Worker to determine a nominal monthly housing fee based on their income. 

Is child care provided?

Yes. There is an on-site Child Care Center for children up to four years old. However, space is limited. Children over the age of four attend our local Prince George's County schools.

Will I be able to have visitors?

Yes, the Hope House program has designated days and areas for visiting with family and friends. However, Hope House visitors are not permitted in residential living spaces. In Faith House, residents are permitted to have approved visits in their apartments during scheduled visitor days and hours.

Do I need to have a job to qualify for the Transitional Housing Program?

No. Applicants do not need to be employed to qualify for our Hope House program, but residents will be required to gain employment within 90 days of admission. Our Education & Employment Counselor is available to help residents find employment. Faith House residents are generally required to have employment prior to admission.